How Can I Get That Six Pack

How Can I Get That Six Pack

Our Guide To Getting Great Abs

We all want to look our best, and for many of us, the ultimate goal is that six pack set of abs… Defined abs not only make us attractive, they are (for many) the ultimate sign of fitness, strength and of course health.

But Abs are not just visual, they are crucial to our body, being largely responsible for our core strength, our balance and posture… This is why we need them and why its also crucial to look after them.

Getting a set of 6 pack abs is not rocket science, but it does require dedication… The process is about 3 things : Healthy eating, losing fat and building muscle.

Believe it or not, your diet is responsible for 70% of this process, exercise covers the remaining 30%.

Lose That Fat

To get visible abs, the first thing you need to do is to get rid of any fat, this requires a healthy diet alongside a high intensity, largely cardio workout plan as the core of this process…

Getting to know your body fat % is another good way of monitoring your progress

Body Fat Percentage

In order to have visible abs, you need to reduce your body fat percentage .

As a guideline, women should be aiming to get their body fat down to around 16-20%.. going even lower say to around 15% will signify a very lean body.

Men have to go further, with around 10-14% the optimum for a lean shape, and going even further, if you can get your percentage down to 9% or below, you are very lean indeed.

Women can usually develop that 6 pack with a higher % of body fat than men, now while there is no fixed rule. men should get their 6 pack with about 10-11& body fat, while women will usually see them appear when they get their body fat % down to between 14-16%

Using Fat Burning Supplements

A good all natural fat burning supplement will definitely help you, by speeding the fat burning process and setting you on your way to that great set of abs.. But choosing the right supplement is key….

Look for one that contains a good balance of natural stimulants (that will help raise your metabolism and trigger fat burning) plus also try to choose a product that also contains proven appetite suppressing ingredients.. these are essential to help reduce the cravings that so many of us endure – especially after a hard workout.

Discover Our Recommended Fat Burners – Click Here

The Differences Between Men and Women

The process for both men and women can differ somewhat, women for example should consume more protein than men while working towards that 6 pack, they will also benefit from the beneficial effects that disciplines such as Yoga and Pilates can do for their body shape, rather than simply lift weights and workout in the gym.

Men on the other hand do tend to have naturally faster muscle tissue recovery after exercise, and can usually focus on a more intense muscle toning program to achieve their goal.

When it comes to healthy eating, men tend to have more success on a low GI diet, while women should eat cleaner proteins such as fish,and chicken.

It doesn’t matter if you are a man or a woman, the secret to getting great looking abs is the same: Be committed and work hard – eat a balanced diet, and exercise regularly…. Only after doing this will you achieve that holy grail  – A 6 pack set of amazing abs!!